Advanced Nuclear Project Lead
Reports To:Engineering Manager
Date Listed:October 27, 2023
Select Contact email:email@example.com
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role is responsible for managing individual projects to include all aspects of planning and execution from the time an order is received to the time payment is received from the customer. This role will be the direct point of contact for any and all project inquiries/updates for their specific projects, both internal and external. Planning, organizing, coordinating, reporting and ensuring on-time and on-budget completion of their own projects are essential duties of the Advanced Nuclear Project Lead.
Job Description and Duties
• Provide direct, day-to-day management of assigned projects and meet regularly with various team members to ensure projects and essential activities are on track. Deliver regular reporting to management, direct reports and team members as required.
• Work closely with the Engineering Manager to initiate ongoing improvements necessary to ensure on-time and on-budget projects that meet quality requirements.
• Develop & manage an individual project schedule to coordinate customer progress updates, including milestone achievements. Review and provide guidance schedules, develop, manage and display relevant KPIs for the team’s performance.
• When issues arise, keep the customer and management informed of project status and actions planned to correct the situation.
• Maintain visibility of both contractual and other activities that impact deliverables. Manage associated timelines to ensure success, and alert the Engineering Manager if issues arise.
• Work with the Senior Project Manager to develop and achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts.
• Maintain a clear understanding of the material types and grades being ordered in the BOM, including the applicable specifications, code requirements, safety class and other pertinent requirements.
• Initiate accurate and timely RFQs for material and/or services necessary to complete a project.
• Upon issuance of a PO, be responsible for tracking the progress of the material order and/or outside services necessary to complete the project. Ensure vendors understand the scope, technical requirements, quality requirements and delivery expectations.
• Utilize all available system resources in the development and maintenance of schedules, including regular interface and update of Salesforce data to ensure team visibility. Work closely with all other departments to avoid scheduling conflicts and to confirm available resources.
• Maintain control of costs in accordance with the original estimate to ensure achievement of quoted contribution margin. Managing contribution margin is a key responsibility and must be communicated to the Director of Projects if a significant change occurs or is anticipated.
• Follow the Operating Procedures per our QA Manual.
• Coordinate and document all operations through project closeout and shipment, including a debrief & lessons learned session for all relevant stakeholders where required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering or Project Management.
• 3-5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred, but not required.
• A strong team player with demonstrated leadership skills.
• Ability to successfully lead a diverse team, as well as organize and manage multiple projects of varying complexity.
• Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications.
• Ability to utilize available resources effectively to solve problems as they occur.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Salesforce CRM.
• Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work with and manage outside vendors.
• A highly motivated self-starter that works well without supervision.