Date Listed:March 8, 2023
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinate customer contract requirements with internal and external organizations to create high quality custom fabricated products used in the Nuclear Power Industry. The candidate must have a working knowledge and understanding of material fabrication methods such as welding, heat treating, nondestructive examination, metal roll forming, cutting, machining, and other industry practices common to the metal fabrication industry. He/she must be able to develop and/or assist with generating fabrication instructions and must also be able to read, understand and interpret customer design drawings.
Job Description and Duties
- The candidate should have a general knowledge of metal fabrication.
- Review of customer source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine technical requirements, quality requirements, and overall manufacturing feasibility of the component.
- Assist estimators in quoting sales orders.
- Coordinate with internal organizations to define and solve manufacturing and design issues to meet customer requirements.
- Work with the Quality department to define problem areas and develop process/product improvements based on customer concerns.
- Interact with customers as needed to develop fabrication documents and resolve any questions/concerns they may have.
- Support the operations throughout the fabrication process by interacting with shop personnel and answering any questions in a timely manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Initiate a Traveler and ensure that the design specification, design drawing, and other client requirements are reviewed and that the technical requirements of these documents and the code are translated into work and assembly instructions, inspections, examinations, sketches or detail drawings for fabrication.
- Evaluate revisions to or changes made by customer requirements, materials, procedures, instructions, checklists or referenced documents in the Traveler.
- Generate Purchase Orders (POs) for procurement of materials and services, incorporating the necessary code and customer requirements into the POs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any Supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Employee may work near moving mechanical parts.
• Employee will be exposed industrial fabrication shop environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience in a commercial nuclear, defense or similar manufacturing environment.
• 1-5 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents of a technical nature.
• Ability to respond effectively to customer inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects of varying complexity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong team player with the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs. (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Project and Outlook)
• Ability to utilize available resources effectively to solve problems.
• Highly ethical with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Detail oriented, organized, works independently, and highly motivated.