Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports To:Director of Quality
Date Listed:December 29, 2023
Select Contact email:email@example.com
Quality Assurance Specialist (QA) – is responsible for the review and approval of objective evidence of quality of examination, inspection, and test results for conformance/compliance to Code, Energy Steel requirements, and customer purchase order requirements. The QA Specialist compiles the Energy Steel certification documents and releases material for further processing or shipment based upon the results of the required approvals contained therein. QA Specialists may perform NDE and QC functions provided they are qualified and authorized to perform the function. QA Specialists report directly to the Director of Quality.
Job Description & Responsibilities
• Review customer purchase order requirements.
• Interpret international standards such as ASME, ASTM, ANSI, and SAE.
• Review Energy Steel generated drawings for completeness and inclusion of quality and customer requirements.
• Review and approve Energy Steel work order instructions, ensuring they contain applicable quality requirements as required by the QA Program, regulatory documents, construction codes, and customer purchase order.
• Develop job specific instructions and procedures.
• Review and approve documentation for compliance to order and specification requirements including: purchasing documents, Material Test Reports, inspection and test reports.
• Verify completion of shop traveler hold points and inspection/test completion and release material for further internal or external processing.
• Prevent further processing or delivery of a nonconforming item or unsatisfactory condition until proper disposition has been made.
• Initiate, document and track nonconformance and corrective action reports.
• Initiate deviation requests to customers.
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions to quality problems and verify implementation of solutions.
• Generate final documentation/certification packages, shipping tags and pack lists for shipments.
• Release completed orders for shipment and review completed job packages for close-out.
• Generate material return instructions (MR/RMA).
• Assist other departments in response to quality questions.
• Provide emergency after-hours QA Department support when needed.
• Assist the Director of Quality during external audits and inspections.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years of related experience in equivalent quality assurance verification activities; or
• High school graduation or GED and six months of related experience in quality assurance verification activity; or
• Completion of college level work leading to an associate’s degree in a related discipline plus three months of related experience in quality assurance verification activities.
• NDE Qualifications, desired skill set.
• Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards documents and specifications.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Exceptional attention to detail and a self-directed worker.